Adventures in Dallas.....

I haven't posted in a month or so as my sweet husband underwent cardiac bypass surgery quite unexpectedly. In late May, he went in for a stent placement during a routine angiogram  and was told it was impossible to place the stent. He  was admitted to the hospital and informed leaving was out of the question as he probably was close to an arrest.  The blockages were so severe he probably would not have survived should he have arrested!! I was almost a widow.....Praise God, he had surgery the next day, and everything went off without a single hitch! Amen! He is already back at work and recovering nicely.

I had been planning a trip to the Dallas Miniature show with my mini-friend Colleen,.. It was a much needed getaway for me and I was so happy to attend. I took a stained glass window class with Barb Sabia and a Lady Slipper Orchid class with Karl Blindheim. Both classes were outstanding.
Lady Slipper Orchid taught by Bjarnesonn's - Karl Blindheim

Made in a class taught by Barbara Sabia



Then I got to  shop and shop. The lady from Miniature Luxuries was there with her gorgeous fabrics. (She is looking to sell the fabric portion of the business)I spent half of my budget at her table. I purchased a felted orange tabby from Bridget McCarty.  I also found some awesome new furniture kits. One is from Germany and the others are from South Africa. The South African kits are from Castle Crafts, I purchased them from Aristocratic Attic. She also has an Esty shop.
Purchased from Bridget McCarty
Purchased from Aristocratic Attic   



I am in love with these kits from Germany. They have a German site at www.puppenstuebchen.com as well as an Etsy site. I will post a review after the long holiday weekend.  I can't wait to build the Romantic Country Style Cabinet,




 I hope everyone has a lovely Independence Day weekend!






Comments

  1. So glad to hear your husband is doing well! (And, wow, back at work already.) I think your orchid and door are fabulous! What a treat to go the show and the classes. I love Miniature Luxuries. I hope someone good takes over the fabric business. And what an adorable kitty! I look forward to seeing how your kits come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. I wish she would go to San Jose. It is so nice to see the colors and the intricacies of the laces. I am well stocked, but I always have room for more fabric.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Timing is everything. How fortunate that your husband is examined routinely and they caught the problem. I’m so glad he is on the mend. Your trip to the miniature show sounds fun and fruitful. I love the flowers and stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrill, he is doing fantastic. There is a lot of backstory to how he finally got the angiogram. Let's just say he had to make a scene at his ex-primary care physicians office.

      Delete
  3. Life is full of surprises, some good and some not. Praise God indeed that He turned a precarious situation regarding your husbands health, into a positive outcome, for both of you. God answers prayers!

    And oh how Wonderful your new miniatures from the Texas Show are! The kits are Marvellous and great stress relievers, as would be the classes you were able to attend.
    And although I recognized his name from his world famous animals, didn't realize until now, that Karl Blindheim did flowers, too and/or how Gorgeous they are!!! What an experience that must have been as your flowers are Amazing!!!
    It looks as if you will have LOTS to keep you busy for quite a while- so have Fun and please keep us posted! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth.
      Karl was the nicest person ever! I really want to be his friend LOL! He also did a class and taught how to paint a Whippet dog. I heard it was a great class too.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that you posted as I've been thinking of you and the hubs and hoping his recovery and your added care taking duties were going well! What great news, and I am so happy that you got to go to the Dallas show! The orchids are so beautiful! And that leaded glass window - OMG amazing!!! You picked some adorable kits and in spite of having more than my fair share of kits already - I want 'em!!! :O) The kitty is so sweet and I can't wait to see what mini endeavor you start on (or finish up) next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time passing by any kit, especially something new. So far I am very impressed with them.

      Delete
  5. I hope all is well with you and your husband now and his recovery is going on leaps and bounds. I am absolutely enamoured with the slipper orchid. Trying not to be envious but how fabulous to have made that in a class. A memory and flower to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo so much fun. Those classes look awesome and well worth the time - your flowers and glass came out amazing. And love that kitty! Also terrible to hear about your husband but glad he is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy your husband is doing better. And those are some wonderful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here to testify about Mr John Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world.. firstly I thought it was scam until I saw so many testimony about how Mr John sent them the ATM blank card and how it was used to withdraw money in any ATM machine and become rich so I decided to risk the opportunity I contacted him also and I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 10,000 dollars. maximum withdrawal daily $1,000, Mr John is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault,If your interested kindly contact him directly on his email (johnlopez1945@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

  9. Cool way to have financial freedom!!! Are you tired of living a poor life, here is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Get the new ATM BLANK CARD that can hack any ATM MACHINE and withdraw money from any account. You do not require anybody’s account number before you can use it. Although you and I knows that its illegal,there is no risk using it. It has SPECIAL FEATURES, that makes the machine unable to detect this very card,and its transaction can’t be traced .You can use it anywhere in the world. With this card,you can withdraw nothing less than $4,500 a day. So to get the card,reach the hackers via email address : besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +1(323)-723-2568

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Reach me Here

Name

Email *

Message *