Two Steps Forward, One Step Back.

 Well, I just about forgot how to post on this Blog.....I got a spammer comment and realized I probably should post on here.....This mishap occurred when I cut through the sconce wires under the wall- paper as I was trimming around the window.... Well I did fix it and I have two sconces that still work.
 I applied the wallpaper to card-stock templates. It really saved my bacon . I was able to pull the paper down and re-glue with minor damage. This is the master bedroom in The Willow. Excuse the lady, she is definitely from the wrong time period. I am trying to make the house true to the colonial era. I am using HOM kits and have a walk-in fireplace for the kitchen. I hope to post more soon.



Comments

  1. Problem solving is about 88% of this hobby, and your problem solving skills worked like magic here! The room is looking so charming! I love the ceiling texture, and the dark stain with the blue and cream of the wallpaper! I do hope you remember to post more as you are progressing - I find the build very interesting, and can't wait for your next installment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Jodi. You are the best at cheering people along and that is a great quality to have.

      Delete
  2. Cutting through wires or electrical tape is something I done myself and know how frustrating it can be to try and repair, but like you, I've learned that applying the wallpaper to card-stock templates is not only easier but much cleaner looking in the end.
    I think that you've done a great job with you re-papering of your colonial bedroom and I'm VERY GLAD to learn that you were able to save your wall sconces in the process too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth...I am still figuring how to configure my bog so it is readable. UGH! Technological challenges over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did same. Cut wire on wall sconce. How did u fix that in the sconce?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I papered the template cardstock but it doesnt lay flat to walls. What type of glue should I use. Thank u.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Reach me Here

Name

Email *

Message *