April's Showers Bring May's Flowers......

I must say that I am waiting axiously for some beauty to blossom in the months ahead. I have been working on dolls and other miniatures, but I haven't been in the mood to post. My father passed away on April 18th. It was unexpected, but not a surprise.....He was 79 years old and had many of the common diseases that plague our society. I'm pretty sure he was born under a lucky star. He's the only person I know who got a cancer diagnosis with a 20 year survival rate. I know he loved me and my family and I am thankful to never have had any doubts about it. I am coping by not thinking about it too much.......

So, just when it was raining, I was given a lovely gift by none other than Deborah of  of  "The Half Of It".  She is such a kind person, and I am happy to call her my mini-friend. She sent me the perfect gifts to say thank you for something I sent her......She really did not have to reciprocate, but that is the kind of person she is. Thank you Deborah.

Look at this lovely bag with a trolley. It will go perfectly in the boutique, and I even have a the right outfit to go with it!

This ensemble looks like something a gal might wear on vacation while out sight seeing .
Next was this delicately worked shawl. I have the perfect lady for this cozy gift. Deborah is very talented with many different types of needle work. 


Sarah Winchester loves her new shawl. It will keep those goose bumps at bay when she holds her seances.
Deborah also makes the best mini-books! Look at the detail in this copy of  "The Godsey's Lady's Book".
How did Deborah know this is Sarah's favorite publication? Thank you Deborah for brightening my day.......Looking forward to May.

Comments

  1. The handbag is just so adorable and couldn't be more perfect for that wonderful outfit! Deb must have been in heaven working on something twice as big as normal, lol!
    That shawl?!? And Sarah?!? Both breathlessly, incredibly beautiful! And I am not surprised at all that Deb made her favorite book - she's a stickler for detail, and like you, so incredibly kind and talented! What a happy exchange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb is amazing indeed. 1/24 is not for wimps. Twice as big is so mind boggling.

      Delete
  2. The be-jewelled handbag is Adorable and it goes with the pink summer dress so well, and likewise for the Godsey Lady's book and Sarah's new little black shawl!
    Mini friends are like none other! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like them! It's fun to see them in use, and your pictures show them in their best light. Love the pink dress with the handbag; it's definitely a summer purse, and that sundress is so cute! And Sarah Winchester is gorgeous. What a beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the face, she is a kit from Dana Burton, but her shawl is perfection.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful! That mini bag is seriously adorable and the perfect companion to your lovely gingham dress. Totally a sight-seeing outfit for a lovely early summer's day. Deborah's books are wonderful aren't they, I'm the lucky recipient of her wonderful books also and always view them with amazement. The shawl is gorgeous and perfect for Sarah. It seems appropriate also given your recent sad loss. I'm so very sorry Carrie. Losing your Dad is one of life's tragedies no matter if expected or not. Thinking of you and your family and sending big virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Father. those little surprises that have come in the mail are sure to brighten your days. They are absolutely beautiful and so thoughtful. Mini friends are a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Reach me Here

Name

Email *

Message *