The Grand Finale

I have to show you the finished dress shop first. I was going to try and explain my method of, or rather order of making it, but frankly I can't remember when I did what.....

I was making padded hangers, hat boxes, shoe boxes, jewelry stands and actually making the doll at the same time......I was busier than a one armed paper hanger, and I have the glue prints to prove it! At one point,  my phone wouldn't recognize my finger print. (I filed that away for future crimes I might commit) Who knew Aileen's tacky glue could be used to erase your finger prints??? As a result, I didn't take as many pictures of the process.

Here is my version of Candy. I tried to modify her a bit so she had that 1950's flair. I also added a satin peplum to her tulle dress.....Satin and tulle were quite the thing back then.....at least I think they were?

Here is the shop.......There is a lot going on in here. And, you can't even see my mod wallpaper that I agonized over.




To the left of the shop is a bay window(behind the check out counter) It was initially going to be a display window with a shelf where shoppers could pass by and browse. I had to nix that at the last minute because I really did not have enough floor space.

You can see the shelf to the left.

You can see my Spackle and tweezers. I must have decided to pull my hair out at this moment. These are my good tweezers that I hide from my family.....I don't know why they are in the shop? 
I have to thank my husband for doing the trim. Bay window trim is no joke. I needed these precious inches of floor space for my two dress mannequins. 



This is a piece of lace trim from Hobby Lobby glued around a Chrysbon dress form that I painted gold
This dress reminds me of Marilyn Monroe. I think I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby


One side has lingerie, while the other side has gloves. There is also perfume.
I found vintage Dior advertisements and used them to decorate the store. There is more to share......Puses, shoes, and the clothes, but I haven't taken pictures yet. I will leave you with The sign I made, La Rosa Boutique.....Stop by and browse sometime.....

Comments

  1. Oh, my goodness! Did you make all those dresses and hats?!? And the shoes? And the jewelry? And the lingerie? I love it!! That gold lame dress with the fur stole is very glamorous--Marilyn Monroe for sure. The shoe pincushion near the cash register is a nice touch. I love the "flip"hairstyle on your doll, too! So 60's. I want to shop in your little store! You just did a fabulous job on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deborah. This project morphed into something quite unexpected. I don't know if it is 1950's anymore, but it reminds me of the French provincial bedroom set I had from Sears.
      https://www.pinterest.com/kaylaanfenson/sears-french-provincial-bedroom-set/?lp=true

      I even had a pink room...so I don't know what that means?
      I will post pictures of the clothes. I did not make the shoes, but I am seriously considering an attempt.
      I always give discounts to my mini friends, so stop on by and shop!

      Delete
  2. What an incredible delight for the eyes! Everywhere you look there is more to see and appreciate, and I still see your wallpaper! It's the perfect backdrop so all of your toiling paid off! Candy herself is just beautiful! I love her outfit! I am just amazed at all of the beautiful clothing you made - it's no wonder your fingers were covered in glue! The tones and colors work beautifully together, and you did an amazing job with every detail! You must feel so happy and satisfied with the project, and I bet you learned a great deal! I'm so glad you kept the bay window - it's really a fantastic feature!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for kind words Jodi. I really liked using the fabric, and I will use fabric for wallpaper again.
      When I look at the pictures, all I see is a fire trap! LOL! I did learn a lot. My problem is that I am always trying to reinvent the wheel to make something more efficient to construct in large quantities. Hence the different sizes of shoe boxes, I've got some quality control issue to work out!
      I must sing the praises of Instant Griip Glue. Although Aileene's is still the best all around glue IMO, the Instant Griip works great on synthetic fabric and dries crystal clear.

      Delete
  3. Your little miss Candy, reminds me of Cinderella in pink! But Oh My, what a Magically Beautiful shop she owns and operates. I can't believe the wardrobe and accessories you've fashioned for her to sell and the magnificent way you've chosen to display them. The Marilyn Monroe gown is Amazing and the rose dress is pure confection: in short- your dress shop is Gorgeous!!!

    elizabeth
    p.s. I don't know if you are familiar with the 1956 movie Lucy Galant? It is all about a high end dress shop owner in Texas and towards the end of the movie, it features a fashion show of Edith Heads Hollywood gown creations which I'm sure you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to check the movie out. I love Edith Head and have read so many conflicting stories about her genius etc.....I always like the dress shop from Peyton Place. There is a great movie with Kate Winslet named The Dress Maker. It is rated R, but I do recommend it because of its quirky story and beautiful dresses.

      Delete
  4. what an amazing job you did! so much work and so many little beauties to look at! I especially love your price size tags hanging on each item! the pink rose bud dress is my absolute all time favorite and I wish I could go shopping in there and have those babies FIT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie....I never noticed how voluptuous those dress forms really are until I made the Marilyn dress! I'll give you a great discount when you come shopping!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous shop, Carrie, you've done a great job on each one of all the items, which are in this shop, WOW! There's so many detailed work to be seen here, I've started to look over and over again, it's a feast for the eyes.
    Kind regards, Ilona
    www.MiniMumLoon. blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Reach me Here

Name

Email *

Message *