La Rosa Boutique

I set out to make a room-box designed around a French dress boutique circa 1950.....I designed my logo from a picture of one of my roses. I love this picture and use it as my avatar online. In case you are a rose enthusiasts, it is The Queen Elizabeth. The Pink Boutique or rather La Rosa Boutique was born.....It started out elegant and chic, and then I went hog wild.

I already had an ordinary room box. I knew I wanted to use this fabulous fabric that I had bought at JoAnn many moons ago with no purpose in mind (which happens a lot). I love the color combinations and the fabric just made me smile. It has a mod vibe to it???? I figured I would use it as wallpaper, but sparingly, as it is quite busy.
Can you see the attraction?
I found a lovely pink paint at target, also many moons ago. It is named Pirouette. It was a little sample size. Do you see how this was coming together? It was like I had been subconsciously buying all this pink stuff in preparation for a future project.
I was thrilled that I had not spent anything on this project. As of now, I had everything in my stash. As I was laying my wood floor, I went in search of something(I can't remember now what it was), when I found some tiles in my stash.  I decided to scrap my wood floor and use these faux marble tiles instead.


 The only problem was that the tiles had grey grout...Grey was not going to work. I filled the grey lines in with a gold leafing pen.......I think this is when I went a little crazy. The gold pen was so pretty, and sparkly and well it is gold!! I got a case of 'gold fever', or maybe I was intoxicated from the fumes arising from the pen? I decided that I needed to accent the store fixtures in a French Provincial style.


 I think this little chair may have also tipped me over to the French provincial side...This is my first piece of Bespaq, and I am in love. I had to have this chair in the store. All those tired husbands needed somewhere to sit while their wives shopped at my boutique??? I can rationalize anything. This was my first purchase.



Now I was starting to question my original design. I was worried that the tile pattern and wallpaper/fabric pattern would really be overwhelming.

I toyed around with using this Victorian looking paper. It is really pretty, but the 50's vibe would be gone. In the end, I chose the fabric.

Flash back to my previous post
I  bought the closet kit from Kitz as part of my store fixtures. I bashed it somewhat so I could have more room for clothes and accessories. Here is a very crude drawing of how I envisioned the layout.
 This is the result.....Nothing is glued yet. I was just checking to see how the arrangement would work
I think the mod vibe is gone!


Meanwhile, I still had a doll to make, as well as several clothes and accessories. That didn't stop me from doing some last minute construction for a a few inches/feet of valuable floor space.

To Be Continued.....

Comments

  1. The mod vibe isn't gone. It's still there, but it's elegant. I'm glad you chose the fabric over the Victorian wallpaper. I love the Bespaq chair. I can see why you're so taken with it. It's perfect for that space. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when individual elements that you fell in love with and collected "just because" come together in a project and seem so "meant to be"! Those are the special ones, and I am loving the way it's coming together! It's wonderful, Carrie, and not just because I love pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gathered singly over time and yet definitely destined to be together. The wall-covering coupled with the chevron pattern of the floor tiles and the delicate color combinations of pink, cream and gold are all well-matched - loving it and the furnishing thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Carrie, love that blush colour. And your lady is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything compliments the other, I think the result will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Reach me Here

Name

Email *

Message *