A Slight Detour......

I have a new obsession, and I blame it on Wyckedwood....she knows who she is!!!!

I have been working on a room box for a group project involving the group over at miniDOLLList.
Dana Burton designed a doll kit based on this graphic by Bobbie Berendson. Dana dresses and paints 1:12 scale porcelain dolls. Here is the graphic by Bobbie Berendson.
This is Ms. Behrendson's Graphic


This Dana Burton's rendition named Rhonda. The cute kitty is named Rivet.


Dana did a terrific job of designing the doll and making the kit for the doll. This project for the mini-doll group is in preparation for the Good Sam Show in October. Each member was to make a steampunk themed room box, we could use Dana's doll kit exactly or go another way. Here is my doll and version of the room box.
I am naming it The Copper Cauldron

Rhonda is a steam punk witch using her steam powered cauldron to concoct a cat transformation potion.

I had the most fun making up all these little ingredient vials.
I tried to come up with some different mythical ingredients. My husband suggested Hair of the Yeti, so I put some polyester batting in a vial. My favorite is the Dragon Scale vial full of sequins. There are pearls of wisdom, and royal blood in the vial with the crown topper. Royal blood is blue of course!

I am thoroughly enjoying this! I have always loved fashion type dolls in beautiful dresses, and now I can enjoy miniatures in a new way.

Anyhoo, the family thinks I am barking mad, but really, I am barking happy. Thank you to Wyckedwood for opening my eyes to a new art form. She is a wonderful porcelain painter and dresser in her own right. You can see some of her beautiful dolls and miniatures over at the Greenleaf Forum.









Comments

  1. This is wonderful!!! What a great job you've done! Love all the little vials, and your imaginative ingredients. (Pearls of Wisdom is probably my favorite. I could use some of those.) Did the mouse come with the kit? Did you make the steam punk cauldron? And the steam punk owl? The book? I don't see the cat, but at least that means she is not about to step on its paw or tail. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! I'm not quite done yet.I was feeling pressure to post LOL! I found my little kitty after searching the same places twice. I made the cauldron except for the actual cauldron on top. The Box is a Midwest treasure view box....https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-TREASURE-VIEW-Vignette-Kit-Midwest-Kit-1175-/142840578223
    I made the roombox rom there. When it is complete I'll post the finale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great doll and great to see you have so much enthusiasm now. There are so many options to be creative with dolls. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phenomenal all the way around! I can't wait to see more photos, and hear more about making the doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive already shared how awesome I think she is (and you too) but I'll say again! I really love your Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this box is awesome! Is Nellie participating too?.. I saw she was making a steampunk room box. I love! this doll. Your version is fabulous. Her hair is amazing. Doll hair is always hard to get right and your style is fantastic. Loving your vials.. so creative and funny at the same time. They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Reach me Here

Name

Email *

Message *